The OIC of Training Engineering & Academic Affairs duties will include:
- Design programs of courses (e.g. Masters, Professional degree, etc);
- Design continuing education and professional development programs for the benefit of local government staff;
- Determine and evaluate the investment of training programs and propose financing scenarios;
- Streamline the cost of training offers;
- Ensure the pedagogical integration of the various training offers accredited or labeled by the Academy;
- Develop and manage the operations of the ALGA e-Learning platform;
- Establishment of training packages;
- Design an evaluation system for training programs;
- Create a repertoire of Experts in decentralization and local governance.
Management of training programs
- Design and implement a registration and re-registration management information system;
- Establish a (virtual) resource center to inform the target audience of the Academy’s training programs;
- Administer registrations and re-registration;
- Manage exams and evaluations;
- Coordinate the activities of the trainees of the academy.
- Management of academic and para-academic training activities
- Design and implement a plan of academic activities, especially for students of the Academy (Sport, events, conferences, etc);
- Develop partnerships with universities, institutes, schools, colleges and training centers, at regional, continental and international levels;
- Encourage the setting up of a network of professional associations at the pan-African level.