The OIC of African Local Human Resources Observatory duties will include:
Observatory of the Human Resources of the African Local Governements
- Set up the Observatory of Human Resources and professions of Local governments and professional associations and professional standards (structure, organization, functioning, content…);
- Identify priorities for, carry out and enter into agreements for suitable organizations to carry out research on local government professions and their evolution in Africa;
- Identify local government human resources innovations and performances and establish benchmarks, performance measurement targets and systems and occupational standards for local government human resources;
- Establish and update the system of reference of local government professions, Adapted to the African context and taking into account its cultural and institutional diversity;
- Elaborate Reports on Human resources Management at local level, including a Triannual Report for AFRICITES Summit of UCLG-Africa.
- Establish a plan of scientific research, linking it with the objectives of the Academy and the training courses its offering;
- Design and arrange the publication of a magazine of the Academy dedicated to local governments in the African context, with a perspective for an international indexation;
- Promote scientific publications to researchers, academics and practitioners in the field of decentralization and local governance, particularly at the African level;
- Mobilize an ad hoc scientific committee for the selection of scientific works;
- Produce dashboards and regular reports on the performance of scientific research.
Expertise, research and counseling
- Promote the provision of advice, studies and expertise by the Academy on behalf of other partner organizations;
- Seek opportunities for counseling, studies and expertise (bid solicitations, expressions of interest, etc.);
- Prepare the files of the offers of consulting, studies and expertise, in which the Academy decides to participate.
- Support the Director in ensuring that the Academy attracts sufficient funding to ensure its future viability – by undertaking the assigned tasks ;
- Coordinate the activities of its collaborators and the interventions of experts ;
- Ensure regular reporting on its activities, based on indicators and performance-oriented scorecards, as well as gap analysis reports.