The Ashinaga Africa Initiative is a fully funded academic leadership programme that aims to provide high potential orphaned students from across Sub Saharan Africa with access to higher education in Japan, the U.S.A. and Europe. Our vision is that after graduating from university abroad, our scholars will return to Sub Saharan Africa to become leaders and empower others.
The application is open to those who:
1. Have lost one or both parents.
2. Have completed 12 years of education (primary and secondary school) within the last two years
3. Have citizenship and have completed/are completing high school in one of the following countries: Botswana, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Kingdom of eSwatini, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Mauritius, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, The Gambia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
4. Were born after 1st October, 1996.
5. Have an outstanding academic performance at high school and were amongst the top students in their class
6. Are willing to return home, or to Sub-Saharan Africa, and contribute to society in Sub-Saharan Africa after graduating from university
You can apply online using the following link: https://form.myjotform.com/AshinagaAAI/AAI_2019
You can apply via email by completing the attached application form and sending it to [email protected]
You can find our website with additional information here: http://en.ashinaga.org/apply/aai
Application Stage 1 deadline is 16th December 2018. This application stage will check your eligibility for our programme. Those successful at this stage will be invited back to complete Stage 2, which shall be open between January 28th - February 28th. For those who are yet to receive their secondary school examination result, this can be submitted in January or February at the latest.
Please contact [email protected] if you have any questions or require further information