The Government of the Republic of Liberia, in partnership with the Government of India, is offering an opportunity for eight (8) Liberians to benefit from scholarships in the following fields: Electrical Engineering, General Agriculture, Structural Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mining Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering and Architectural Engineering, Geo-Information Production and Management, GIS Land Resource Management, Biology, Chemistry, Agricultural Management, GIS in Survey and Geodesy and Computer Science/Programming, Education, Public Policy, Public Health, etc.
Scholarships are for study at graduate level in India, at Indian universities. The scholarships are for 2 years and begin in 2018. Their aim is to give a unique opportunity to Liberians to strengthen their skills and expose them to best practices and training in India.
- Be Liberian national with previous degree (s) and expertise in the priority fields;
- Be under the age of 35;
- Possess undergraduate qualifications with a minimum 3.00 GPA;
- Be computer literate (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
Eligible Liberian nationals are requested to complete the online application procedure at the Indian Council for Cultural Relations Scholarships Schemes. Please go to the following links: http://a2ascholarships.iccr.gov.in/ or http://22.214.171.124/iccr/home/scheme and click REGISTER, complete the required information, submit the completed application form for the Indian Government Scholarship online and print TWO (2) hard copies. All interested applicants are required to forward the following in TWO (2) sets for consideration:
- A current curriculum vitae (with e-mail address and phone number listed;
- Copies of university degree (s) and transcript;
- Proof of Liberian citizenship (copies of passport and birth certificate);
- Two current letters of recommendation (one professional and other academic);
- A one page summary of reasons for wishing to take a graduate study in India, and how this training will benefit Liberia;
- Eight recent passport size photos in color;
- An UPDATED medical certificate (within the last 30 days) issued by a recognized medical institution certifying the candidate’s physical aptitude, that s/he has received all vaccines and is in good health.
Kindly note that an English Test will be administered to all successful applicants at the Indian Embassy in Abidjan. Only students proficient in English may apply.
Failure to meet the application requirements and submit all documentation requested BY THE DEADLINE will lead to automatic disqualification.
CLOSING DATE: Tuesday, January 23, 2018, at 12 noon
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEW AND WRITTEN TEST.
Applications should be sent to:
Inter-ministerial Scholarships Committee
3rd Street, Ministry of Education