The Ministry of Education is pleased to call for applications for the Government of Liberia’s local scholarship program, which offers scholarships to Liberian students to study at local institutions. Applications for the 2017/2018 academic year can be submitted from May 8, 2017. The program will prioritize the following disciplines for 2017/2018:
- the sciences, including biology, chemistry, physics, and mathematics;
- medicine, nursing, and midwifery;
- engineering, including construction, civil, electrical, and mechanical engineering;
geology and mining;
- information technology; and
Scholarships are awarded on the basis of merit, and applicants must have a grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or above. For students graduating from high school who do not receive a GPA, a total average mark of 80% is required.
The Government of Liberia is committed to ensuring that educational opportunities are equally available to students from all communities across the country. Therefore, application forms can be picked up, and applications submitted, at County Education Offices. Applications close at 4 p.m. on June 8, 2017.
Students currently holding a local scholarship for the 2015/2016 academic year who are continuing their course of study do not need to re-apply if they have maintained a GPA of 3.0. It is a requirement that scholarship-holders maintain a GPA of 3.0, and therefore scholarships will not be renewed for students who have not achieved the necessary marks.
Female students and students with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Application forms and further information are available at the County Education Office in each county.
Inquiries can also be directed to the Division of Scholarships at the Ministry of Education on cell numbers 0886-547-655 and 0886-522-990.
Please note that applications can only be lodged at County Education Offices.
Please note also that these are local scholarships, and therefore international students are not eligible to apply.
The African Union Commission (AU), in partnership with the Chinese Government, announces the call for the Masters Scholarship programs for the 2017-2019 academic session in the following fields:
- Master of Management in Rural Development and Management Studies
- Master of Social Work in Women's Leadership and Social Development
- Master of Public Health
- Master of International Communication
- Master of Traffic and Transportation Engineering in Railway Operation and Management
- Master of Public Policy
- International Master of Public Administration
- Master of Public Administration in International Development and Governance
- Master of Finance
- Master of Professional Accounting
- Master of Auditing
- Master of Environmental Management and Sustainable Development
- Master of Comparative Education.
Please note that the studies are tenable in Chinese Universities and are delivered in the English language. Please follow instructions carefully.